If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges in Williamson County, it pays to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Whatever the circumstances of the particular case, skilled and seasoned Georgetown criminal defense attorney Russ Hunt Jr always vigorously defends his clients with strength, understanding and integrity.
The overarching goal in criminal defense matters should always be to achieve the best possible result for the client. Strong, experienced, educated and conscientious Williamson county criminal defense attorney Russ Hunt, Jr. will work to give you the best chance he can to achieve the best available outcome in your individual case. In difficult times, and especially against tough Williamson county prosecutors, you need an aggressive and determined advocate on your side.
Russ Hunt, Jr. is an experienced and effective Georgetown criminal defense attorney. Russ has handled thousands of criminal defense matters, including taking 28 serious cases to jury trial since 1999 in Williamson county alone, and 84 cases to jury trial throughout Central Texas since he was licensed in 1994.
Some of the matters which Russ has handled over the years:
- Federal and State Drug Crimes including possession, distribution and manufacture of cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and other controlled substances
- Federal and State White Collar Crimes including embezzlement, mortgage fraud and construction fraud
- DWI/DUI and Drunk Driving cases
- Sexual Offenses including sexual assault, indcecency with a child, public indecency, indecent exposure, and statutory rape
- Internet Solicitation of Minor
- Misdemeanor Criminal Offenses
- Aggravated Assault
- Robbery, Burglary, Theft
- Fraud including check fraud, construction fraud, crime victim's compensation fraud, welfare fraud, unemployment fraud, and tax fraud
- Homicide cases including capital murder, murder, involuntary manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and intoxication manslaughter
- Juvenile Crimes
- Domestic Violenceand other types of assault cases
- Probation Violations
Russ's law practice focuses on the defense of criminal accusations in Williamson County.
In handling criminal matters for his clients, Russ first visits with them to determine their individual needs and goals for dealing with the matter. Russ then gathers as much information possible about the case. He fully explores all available legal options for defending the case. Russ will explain all the known facts and legal options to his clients so that they can help him to make the best decisions about the disposition of their case through dismissal, diversion, plea or trial.
Russ's deep experience in criminal defense matters, extensive criminal trial experience, intimate knowledge of the criminal laws and procedure and personal acquaintance with the judges and prosecutors in Williamson county is well known. Because of these factors, Russ can swiftly gather all the information available about a case and confidently evaluate the case's strengths and weaknesses. Once he is fully acquainted with the facts and the law involved in each client's situation, Russ will develop an action plan to achieve those goals.Russ's main office is in Georgetown, Texas, with a satellite office located in Austin, Texas. Russ has helped clients throughout Williamson County: in Georgetown, Round Rock, Leander, Cedar Park, Liberty Hill, Jarrell and Taylor.
Russ also regularly handles cases for clients who have cases in state and federal court in Austin. Russ defends charges in all Federal courts throughout Central Texas, including federal courts in Austin, Fort Hood and Waco.
What sets Russ apart from other criminal lawyers practicing in Williamson county?
Russ has taken 28- serious cases to jury trial in Williamson county alone since 1999, and 84 cases to jury trial throughout Central Texas since he was licensed in 1994.
Click the “Trial History” link for more details about the types of cases Russ has tried in Williamson County District Courts, Travis County District Courts, Federal courts in Austin and Waco, and elsewhere.
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000.
- Rated “AV-Preeminent” by his peers through Martindale-Hubbell in 2009.
- Named a Texas “SuperLawyer” by Texas Monthly Magazine since 2008.
- President of the Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association in 2006-2007
- Founding board member and Vice President of the Williamson County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2013-2014
- Member of the College of the State Bar by demonstrating commitment to performing many hours of continuing legal education
- Office in Georgetown or Round Rock since 1996.
- Russ lives in Round Rock; elected to the board of his HOA in 2010.
It is important to contact Russ as soon as you become aware that you or your company is the target of a criminal investigation.
Early intervention increases the odds of a positive outcome for your case.
For Map to Office Location in Georgetown, Texas, See “Contact Us” page
CALL NOW 512-474-5114 OR FAX 512-857-0746