Whatever The Accusation, Russ Will Fight For You.
If you're responding to a criminal accusation in Williamson or Travis county, you'll need a strong and seasoned defense attorney by your side....a knowledgeable advocate who can clear away the confusion...a fighter for your most straightforward solution... a professional who won't judge--and can clear your fear about what happens next.
In Williamson and Travis Counties, You Need An Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
No matter the circumstances of the case, skilled and seasoned central Texas criminal defense attorney Russ Hunt, Jr. provides a strong, vigorous defense: reinforced with experience, understanding and integrity.
His 20+ years of successful representation can be your best weapon against criminal charges.
Solidly experienced and educated, conscientious Williamson county criminal defense attorney Russ Hunt, Jr. tirelessly fights for your best case outcome. In difficult times--and especially against tough Williamson and Travis county prosecutors – you'll want this aggressive and determined advocate by your side.
Russ Hunt, Jr. is an experienced and effective Williamson and Travis county criminal defense attorney who has handled thousands of state and federal criminal defense matters during 20+ years of legal representation.
Since 1999, Mr. Hunt has handled over 30 serious jury trial cases in Williamson County alone and over 90 jury trial cases in Austin, Georgetown, Ft. Hood, and Waco courts.
Legal matters Russ has handled during his over 20 years of practice include:
- Federal and state Drug Crimes, including possession, distribution, and manufacture of cocaine; methamphetamine, marijuana, and other controlled substances;
- Federal and state White Collar Crimes, including embezzlement, mortgage fraud, construction fraud, concert promotion fraud, and international money laundering;
- DWI/DUI and drunk driving cases;
- Federal felony crimes including: Capital Murder, Murder in furtherance of gang activity, RICO, Pornography distribution, Drug distribution, Unlawful re-entry, Marriage Fraud, Hobbs Act conspiracy, Felon in possession of firearm cases, Theft of government property;
- Federal misdemeanor crimes including: DWI on post, Theft on post, Unlawful entry onto government installation, Unlawful archaeological excavation, Assault committed on a government installation;
- Sexual offenses, including sexual assault, indecency with a child, public indecency, indecent exposure, and statutory rape;
- Internet solicitation of minor and child pornography charges;
- Misdemeanor criminal offenses;
- Aggravated assault;
- Robbery, burglary, theft;
- Fraud, including check fraud, construction fraud, crime victim's compensation fraud, welfare fraud, unemployment fraud, and tax fraud;
- Homicide cases, including capital murder, murder, involuntary manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and intoxication manslaughter;
- Juvenile crimes;
- Domestic violence, and other types of assault cases
- Probation violations; and
Russ's law practice focuses on the defense of criminal accusations in Williamson and Travis Counties.
Interested in becoming a client? You'll first meet with Russ to clarify the specifics of your situation, as well as your concerns and goals for a best possible outcome. Your initial consultation is always free and completely confidential, and gives you an actionable direction and better idea of the legal road ahead. The moment you choose Russ to represent you, he'll push to gather the facts surrounding case against you and the strongest legal options for your defense. He'll clarify the strengths and weaknesses of your case, create a unique defense action plan, and suggest proactive steps you can take to improve your outcome. At decision time,Russ will guide you toward choices that work for you. You'll be in the driver's seat, considering options may include a full dismissal, pre-trial diversion, "no-contest" or similar plea, or if it's your best option, trial.
Mr. Hunt's practice benefits from deep experience in defense procedures and trials, intimate knowledge of criminal laws and procedures, and personal understanding of the factors that motivate our judges and prosecutors in the state and federal courts of Williamson and Travis counties. While his main office is in Georgetown, Texas, he performs considerable work in state and federal courts in Austin, where he has a satellite office location. Russ also defends charges in other federal courts throughout Central Texas, defending criminal clients in both Fort Hood and Waco.
What sets Russ apart from other criminal lawyers practicing in Williamson and Travis Counties?
Since earning his law license in 1994, Russ has defended clients in thousands of criminal defense matters and over 100 jury trials involving serious, contested charges, and a third of which involved charges of murder or capital murder. For more details on his criminal trials in Williamson County District Courts, Travis County District Courts, Federal courts in Austin and Waco, please see our Trial History page.
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000.
- Rated “AV-Preeminent” by his peers through Martindale-Hubbell in 2009.
- Named a Texas “SuperLawyer” by Texas Monthly Magazine since 2008.
- President of the Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association in 2006-2007
- Founding board member and Vice President of the Williamson County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2013-2014
- Member of the College of the State Bar by demonstrating commitment to performing many hours of continuing legal education
- Office in Georgetown or Round Rock since 1996.
- Russ lives in Round Rock; elected to the board of his HOA in 2010.
Since early intervention can improve the outcome of your case, we recommend that you call Russ as soon as you become aware that you are a target of criminal accusations. While most criminal cases are resolved before trial, Russ always prepares to fight for you on your anticipated "day in court".
In Williamson and Travis county state and federal courts, Russell Hunt Jr. is a skilled and seasoned criminal defense attorney who provides a strong and vigorous defense reinforced with experience, understanding and integrity.
Russ Hunt, Jr. is known for powerful, intelligent representation.
Schedule your free no-obligation case evaluation.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT RUSS