Experienced and Dedicated Criminal Defense in Williamson County
Are you or a loved one dealing with a criminal accusation...and fear a conviction will threaten your finances, loved ones, and future?
Criminal charges bring bring untold stress and anxiety to the accused and those around them. These are hard times, indeed--made even harder by Williamson County's prosecutors and judges, who proudly claim a "tough-on-crime" stance. You don't just need an attorney--you need a lawyer with serious local experience to navigate the choppy waters of Williamson County courts. Your best choice is a champion who listens to your story without judgment, creates a strong game plan, and understands what motivates key legal decision-makers in these particular courts.
For over 20 years, Russ Hunt, Jr. has skillfully defended Williamson County clients in state and federal courts. In the courtroom, he's a tirelessly fought for the accused in thousands of diverse criminal matters, and in over 100 jury trails--many of which involved serious charges like murder. Outside the courthouse doors, he listens, encourages, and remains ever-accessible to address your questions and concerns. Whether yours is a simple misdemeanor case or an anxiety-provoking felony, Russ will fight for you with the best of his well-honed and time-seasoned skills, and work to ease your fears over what will happen next.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a criminal offense in Williamson County, don't delay in finding strong legal representation. In a personal sense, it's the first step in moving beyond anxiety and fear,and moving on with your life...and the legal sense, you're protecting your future and that of your loved ones. Nothing is more important.
Some of the matters which Russ has handled over the years:
- Federal and State Drug Crimes including possession, distribution and manufacture of cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana and other controlled substances
- Federal and State White Collar Crimes including embezzlement, mortgage fraud and construction fraud
- DWI/DUI and Drunk Driving cases
- Sexual Offenses including sexual assault, indcecency with a child, public indecency, indecent exposure, and statutory rape
- Internet Solicitation of Minor
- Misdemeanor Criminal Offenses
- Aggravated Assault
- Robbery, Burglary, Theft
- Fraud including check fraud, construction fraud, crime victim's compensation fraud, welfare fraud, unemployment fraud, and tax fraud
- Homicide cases including capital murder, murder, involuntary manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide and intoxication manslaughter
- Juvenile Crimes
- Domestic Violence and other types of assault cases
- Probation Violations
Russ's law practice focuses on the defense of criminal accusations in Williamson County.
If you'd like to speak to Russ about your criminal case, your initial consultation will be free and completely confidential. He'll want to clarify the specifics of your situation, as well as your concerns and goals for a best possible outcome. At the end of this meeting, you'll walk away understanding the legal road ahead of you, and things you may possibly do NOW to improve your case outcome. When you hire Russ, he'll take immediate steps to get the facts from law enforcement, analyze the flaws and strengths of the case against you, and create the strongest and most reliable plan for your defense. At all points, you'll ultimately call the shots, with Russ serving as a trusted advisor by your side. At decision time, you'll know which option -- full dismissal, pre-trial diversion, "no-contest" or similar fee, or even trial--is both feasible and the best option for you.
Mr. Hunt's practice benefits from deep experience in defense procedures and trials, intimate knowledge of criminal laws and procedures, and extensive time negotiating with judges and prosecutors in the state and Federal courts of Williamson and Travis Counties. While his main office is in Georgetown, Texas, he performs considerable work in a satellite location in downtown Austin. Russ also defends charges in other Federal courts throughout Central Texas, defending criminal clients in both Fort Hood and Waco.
What sets Russ apart from other criminal lawyers practicing in Williamson County?
Since receiving his license in 1994, Russ has defended clients in thousands of criminal defense matters and over 100 jury trials--a third of which involved serious charges such as murder. For more details on his criminal trials in Williamson County District Courts, Travis County District Courts, Federal courts in Austin and Waco, please see our Trial History page.
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2000.
- Annually Rated “AV-Preeminent” by his peers through Martindale-Hubbell, beginning in 2009.
- Named a Texas “SuperLawyer” by Texas Monthly Magazine since 2008.
- President of the Austin Criminal Defense Lawyers Association in 2006-2007
- Founding board member and Vice President of the Williamson County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2013-2014
- Member of the College of the State Bar by demonstrating commitment to performing many hours of continuing legal education
- Offices in Georgetown and Austin since 1996.
- Member and later President of Lake Forest Homeowner's Association Board, 2010-2013.
Since early intervention can improve the outcome of your case, we recommend that you call Russ as soon as you become a target of criminal charges.
Russell Hunt Jr. is an criminal defense attorney providing skilled and effective representation to clients in Williamson County. His representation is reinforced with experience, understanding and integrity.
Russ Hunt, Jr. is known for powerful, intelligent representation.
Schedule your free no-obligation case evaluation.
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT RUSS